St. Thomas’ Day School was founded by the late Bishop R. W. Bryan in 1944. Situated at 9, Mirza Ghalib street, Kolkata – 700 087, the school was primarily intended for Anglo Indian and Christian children.
The school is under the Diocese of Calcutta, Church of North India. The Bishop is the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the school. The school is recognised by the Director of Public Instruction (West Bengal) and is inspected by the Deputy Director of Public Instruction (Anglo Indian Schools).
St. Thomas’ prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination, which is controlled and conducted by the Council for the ISC Examination (New Delhi) through English as the medium of instruction.
The school provides Humanities, Science and Commerce streams, stressing on co and extracurricular activities. The school has a large number of staff with qualified and experienced teachers from various parts of India. Every effort is made to keep in touch with modern trends and methods of teaching.
[...Back to Schools Main Page]